About Amaryl 1mg
Amaryl 1mg Tablet is generally used in the treatment of Type-2 Diabetes. It can help control the blood sugar level in patients suffering from this disease.
How Effective is Amaryl 1mg?
Amaryl 1mg Tablet is composed of Glimepiride, which belongs to the class of medication known as Sulfonylureas. It works by helping control the blood sugar levels in people with diabetes type 2. When it lowers the blood sugar level, it causes the release of the body’s natural Insulin. Amaryl is helpful in the prevention of serious complications of diabetes, like kidney damage, blindness, loss of limbs, loss of sexual functions, etc. This medication is often prescribed with emphasis upon a proper diet and exercise.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult can generally take 1 tablet of Amaryl 1mg in a day, preferably with breakfast or the first meal of the day.
This medication is not recommended for children (16 or younger).
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Amaryl 1mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Amaryl 1mg include;
- Stomach upset
- Low blood sugar level
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant. Also, notify if you are breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Take regularly to gain maximum benefits.
- Do not stop taking without your doctor’s input.
- Do not chew or crush the tablet; swallow it whole.
- This medication increases the sensitivity to the sun. Avoid tanning booths or sun lamps.