About Amoxil 125mg 90ml Syrup
Amoxil 125mg 90ml Syrup is used to treat the symptoms of bacterial infections such as tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, gonorrhea, ear and nose infections. It is also recommended for urinary tract infections and skin and soft tissue infections.
How effective is Amoxil 125mg 90ml?
Amoxil 125mg 90ml Syrup is composed of anti-bacterial component Amoxicillin. Amoxicillin is a Penicillin antibiotic and works by destroying the cell wall structure of bacteria thus killing them. It does not work against viral infections such as the common cold and flu.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), the usual recommended dose range of Amoxil 125mg 90ml syrup is 250-750mg every 8 or 12 hourly or as per the patient’s response and clinical situation or as per the prescription.
For children (below 17), Amoxil 125mg 90ml syrup is recommended as per the body weight. The usual recommended dose is 20-100 mg/kg/day in divided doses.
If you have any queries about Amoxil 125mg 90ml Syrup, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Amoxil 125mg 90ml?
Some side-effects may be caused by Amoxil 125mg 90ml, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Back pain
- Stomach upset
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Dark Urine
- Persistent Vomiting and Nausea
- Yellow eyes
- Easy bleeding
- Unusual tiredness
Amoxil’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Amoxil 125mg 90ml without the doctor’s consent.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor about your medical history, especially if you have electrolyte imbalance, liver illness, certain hormonal disorders, thyroid disease, or renal disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Amoxil 125mg 90ml.
- Do not take an overdose of Amoxil 125mg for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Amoxil 125mg.
- Avoid driving after taking Amoxil 125mg 90ml.
- Do not suck or chew Amoxil 125mg 90ml and swallow it as a whole.
- Consult your doctor before using Amoxil 125mg 90ml if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.