About Ampiclox 250mg/5ml Syrup
Ampiclox 250mg/5ml Syrup/Suspension is used for the treatment of several bacterial infections such as; respiratory tract infection, skin and soft tissue infection, urinary tract infection, joint and bone infection, and ear and throat infection.
How effective is Ampiclox 250mg/5ml?
Ampiclox 250mg/5ml Syrup/Suspension is composed of Ampicillin + Cloxacillin. Ampicillin belongs to a group of medicines known as penicillin. Cloxacillin also belongs to a group of medicines known as penicillin antibiotics. Ampiclox 250mg/5ml shows effectiveness by stopping the growth of bacteria. Ampiclox 250mg/5ml is only effective against bacterial infections and will not work for viral infections such as; flu and the common cold.
What dose should I choose?
For adults and children (above 12), 1 teaspoon of Ampiclox 250mg/5ml 2-3 times a day or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 12), 1 teaspoon of Ampiclox 250mg/5ml 1-2 times a day.
If you have any queries about Ampiclox 250mg/5ml, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Ampiclox 250mg/5ml?
Some side-effects may be caused by Ampiclox 250mg/5ml, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Mouth sores
- Upset stomach
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Persistent fever or sore throat
- Dark urine
- Easy bleeding
- Yellowing skin or eyes
- Stomach pain
- Persistent nausea or vomiting
Ampiclox’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Ampiclox 250mg/5ml without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of infectious mononucleosis and kidney disease, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Ampiclox.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor.
- Do take an overdose of Ampiclox 250mg/5ml for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Ampiclox.
- Avoid driving after taking Ampiclox 250mg/5ml.
- Consult your doctor before using Ampiclox 250mg/5ml if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.