Keytruda Injection Price in Pakistan
Keytruda injection is used for Cancer and it is now Available in Pakistan at the Online platform of Dawailo. Keytruda Injection Price in Pakistan is Rs 200,000 and it would be vary with exchange rate of Dollar and inflation.
Uses of Keytruda injection in Pakistan
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approves prescription drugs such as Keytruda to treat certain conditions. Keytruda may also be used off-label for other conditions. Off-label use is when a drug that’s approved to treat one condition is used to treat a different condition.
Keytruda for non-small cell lung cancer
Lung cancer can develop from different types of cells in your lungs. If NSCLC comes from squamous cells, it’s called squamous NSCLC. But if NSCLC comes from cells other than squamous cells, it’s called non-squamous NSCLC. (Squamous cells are thin, flat cells. They’re found in different areas of your body, including on the surface of airways inside your lungs.)
For the following types of NSCLC, Keytruda can be used as a first-line treatment,* in combination with certain chemotherapy drugs (traditional drugs used to treat cancer):
- metastatic** non-squamous NSCLC that doesn’t have certain gene mutations (abnormal changes)
- metastatic squamous NSCLC
* With first-line treatment, Keytruda is the first drug used for the cancer.
** With metastatic NSCLC, the cancer has spread from the lungs to other parts of the body. Metastatic lung cancer is also called stage four (IV) lung cancer.
Keytruda is also approved for use on its own as a first-line treatment for certain types of NSCLC. For this use, the NSCLC must have high levels of an immune system protein called PD-L1. But it must not have certain gene mutations. Keytruda can be used in this way to treat either:
- stage three (III)* NSCLC in people who can’t receive either surgical treatment or a combination of chemotherapy and radiation therapy, or
- metastatic NSCLC
* With stage III NSCLC, the cancer has spread to areas near your lungs, but it hasn’t spread to other body parts yet.
In addition, Keytruda injection is also approved for use on its own to treat metastatic NSCLC in people:
- whose tumors have high levels of the PD-L1 protein, and
- whose cancer has gotten worse while taking or after taking certain chemotherapy drugs