About Losec 20mg
Losec 20mg Capsule is generally used in the treatment or prevention of Gastro-Intestinal ulcers caused by infections. Losec 20mg can also be used for the treatment of Acid reflux, Heartburn, and other syndromes caused by excess stomach acid.
How Effective is Losec 20mg?
Losec 20mg Capsule is composed of Omeprazole, which belongs to the class of medications called Proton Pump Inhibitors or PPIs. It works by reducing the amount of acid produced by your acid. It can be prescribed to treat the damage to the stomach and oesophagus caused by acid. It can even help prevent cancer of the oesophagus.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult can generally take 1 capsule of Losec 20mg once a day, before the meal.
Dosage in children (16 or younger) is determined by the formula 0.5mg per kg.
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Losec 20mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Losec 20mg include;
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant. Also, notify if you are breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Take regularly to see results.
- Do not crush or chew. Swallow the capsule whole.