About Protium 40mg
Protium 40mg Tablet is generally used for the treatment of Erosive Oesophagitis caused by a disease known as Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease or GERD. Erosive Oesophagitis refers to the damage caused to an Oesophagus from stomach acid.
How Effective is Protium 40mg?
Protium 40mg Tablet is composed of Pantoprazole, which belongs to the class of medications known as Proton Pump Inhibitors or PPIs. It works by decreasing the amount of acid produced by your stomach. It helps heal the damage caused by excess acid in your stomach and oesophagus. It helps prevent ulcers, and may even help avoid oesophagus cancer.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult can generally take 1 tablet of Protium 40mg in a day, with or without food.
Protium 40mg is not recommended for children (12 or younger).
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Protium 40mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Protium 40mg include;
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- If you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed, notify your doctor or a pharmacist before using this product.
- Take regularly to receive maximum benefits.
- Do not stop taking without your doctor’s recommendation.