About Advant 16mg
Advant 16mg Tablet is a medicine that is used for the treatment of high blood pressure caused by Hypertension. Lowering the blood pressure level can also help in the treatment of several heart disorders and kidney disorders.
How effective is Advant 16mg?
Advant 16mg Tablet is composed of Candesartan, which belongs to a class of medications known as Angiotensin Receptor Blockers or ARBs. It works by relaxing the blood vessels. Blood can flow easily through relaxed blood vessels, which helps lower blood pressure. It also helps the heart pump more blood throughout the body by making a much lesser effort.
What dose should I choose?
An adult patient can generally take 1 tablet of Advant 16mg once or twice a day, with or without food.
Advant 16mg is not recommended for use in children (12 or younger). However, lower potency medication can be used in children.
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the side-effects and other warnings when taking Advant 16mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Advant 16mg include;
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not initiate or stop the medication without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Please do not take if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Take regularly for the medication to have a lasting effect.
- Do not drive a car or operate heavy machinery after taking this medication.