About Alcuflex 550mg Tablet
Alcuflex 550mg Tablet is used for the treatment of pain caused by menstrual cramps, muscle spasms, headaches, dental pain, and tendonitis. Alcuflex 550mg is also used to relieve the symptoms of pain and swelling due to acute gout, rheumatoid arthritis, acute musculoskeletal disorders, ankylosing spondylitis, and dysmenorrhoea.
How effective is Alcuflex 550mg?
Alcuflex 550mg Tablet is composed of Naproxen which belongs to a group of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Alcuflex 550mg shows effectiveness by blocking the production of natural substances that cause inflammation.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Alcuflex 550mg 1-2 times a day or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (5-17), the usual dose of Alcuflex is 10mg/kg 1-2 times a day.
For children (below 5), Alcuflex 550mg is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Alcuflex 550mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Alcuflex 550mg?
Some side-effects may be caused by Alcuflex 550mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Upset stomach
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- A rise in blood pressure
- Sudden weight gain
- Mental or mood changes
- Unusual tiredness
- Unexplained stiff neck
- Signs of kidney problems
- Ringing in the ears
- Painful swallowing
Alcuflex’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Alcuflex 550mg without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially dehydration, kidney disease, and heart problems, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Alcuflex.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor.
- Do take an overdose of Alcuflex 550mg for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Alcuflex.
- Avoid driving after taking Alcuflex 550mg.
- Consult your doctor before using Alcuflex 550mg Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.