About Alp 0.5mg Tablet
Alp 0.5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of anxiety and panic disorders such as; social anxiety disorder, phobias, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).
How effective is Alp 0.5mg?
Alp 0.5mg Tablet is composed of Alprazolam, which belongs to a group of medicines known as benzodiazepines. Alp 0.5mg shows effectiveness by acting on the nerves (central nervous system) and brain to produce calming effects. Alp 0.5mg also helps by enhancing the effects of a natural chemical (GABA) in the body.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Alp 0.5mg 3-4 times a day or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), Alp 0.5mg is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Alp 0.5mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Alp 0.5mg?
Some side effects may be caused by Alp 0.5mg tablet, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- A change in sex drive
- Increased saliva production
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Severe dizziness
- Swelling of the face, tongue, or throat
- Yellowing eyes or skin
- Mental or mood changes
- Loss of coordination
- Trouble walking or speaking
Alp’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Alp 0.5mg without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of sleep apnea, breathing problems, kidney disease, liver problems, and glaucoma with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Alp.
- Do not take an overdose of Alp 0.5mg for quick relief.
- Avoid driving after taking Alp 0.5mg.
- Do not consume alcohol or marijuana with Alp.
- Consult your doctor before using an Alp 0.5mg tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.