About Amoxi Clav 375mg Tablet
Amoxi Clav 375mg Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as; acute bacterial sinusitis, community-acquired pneumonia, acute otitis media, Lyme disease, urinary tract infections, ear infections, skin and soft tissue infections, and lung infections.
How effective is Amoxi Clav 375mg?
Amoxi Clav 375mg Tablet is composed of Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid. Amoxicillin belongs to the penicillin-type antibiotics family of drugs. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor, which is a class of drugs. Amoxi Clav 375mg shows effectiveness by stopping the growth of bacteria. Amoxi Clav 375mg also prevents bacteria from destroying amoxicillin.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Amoxi Clav 375mg 1-2 times a day or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), Amoxi Clav 375mg is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Amoxi Clav 375mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Amoxi Clav 375mg?
Some side-effects may be caused by Amoxi Clav 375mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Upset stomach
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Persistent sore throat
- Severe stomach pain
- Persistent nausea or vomiting
- Easy bleeding
- Unusual tiredness
- Yellowing eyes or skin
Amoxi Clav’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Amoxi Clav 375mg without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of infectious mononucleosis, liver disease, kidney problems, and viral infections, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Amoxi Clav 375 mg tablet.
- Do take an overdose of Amoxi Clav 375mg for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol or marijuana with Amoxi Clav.
- Avoid driving after taking Amoxi Clav 375mg tablet.
- Consult your doctor before using Amoxi Clav 375mg tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.