About Cedrox BD 500mg Capsule
Cedrox BD 500mg Capsule is used to treat the symptoms of bacterial infections like tonsillitis, pharyngitis, Pneumonia and Urinary Tract Infections. It is a broad-spectrum antibiotic.
How effective is Cedrox BD 500mg?
Cedrox BD 500mg Capsule is composed of Cefadroxil as an active ingredient that belongs to cephalosporin’s class of antibiotics. It works by causing the death of bacterial cells. It splits the bacterial cell wall causing all the cellular content to spill out, thus causing bacterial death.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Cedrox BD 500mg once or twice a day or as per the patient’s response and clinical situation or as per the prescription. Maximum 2g can be taken in a day.
For children (below 17), Cedrox BD 500mg is recommended as per the body weight.30-50mg/kg/day, once or twice daily.
If you have any queries about Cedrox BD 500mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Cedrox BD 500mg?
Some side-effects may be caused by Cedrox BD 500mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Heart Burn
- Decreased appetite
- Trouble sleeping
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Stomach ulcers
- Unusual tiredness
- Coffee like vomiting
- Dark urine
Cedrox’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Cedrox BD 500mg without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of electrolyte imbalance, liver disease, certain hormonal conditions, thyroid disease, and kidney disease, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Cedrox BD 500mg.
- Do not take an overdose of Cedrox BD 500mg for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Cedrox.
- Avoid driving after taking Cedrox BD 500mg.
- Do not suck or chew Cedrox BD 500mg and swallow it as a whole.
- Consult your doctor before using Cedrox BD 500mg if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.