About Cipesta Xr 500mg
Cipesta Xr 500mg Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections, such as; acute uncomplicated pyelonephritis, uncomplicated urinary tract infections, complicated urinary infections, and urinary tract infections caused by susceptible isolates of designated microorganisms.
How effective is Cipesta Xr 500mg?
Cipesta Xr 500mg Tablet is composed of Ciprofloxacin, which belongs to a group of medicines known as quinolone antibiotics. This medicine shows effectiveness by stopping the growth of bacteria and eventually killing them. Cipesta Xr is not effective against viral infections, like flu and the common cold. Unnecessary use of antibiotics can cause them to not work properly for potentially future infections.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (18 and above), take 1 Tablet of Cipesta Xr 500mg, 2 times a day, or as directed by your doctor
For children (17 and below), the usual dose of Cipesta Xr 500mg Tablet is determined by the formulae 25mg/kg a day, preferably in divided doses.
The course of treatment depends upon the severity of the disease/disorder. If you have queries about this medicine, please feel free to contact the Pharmacist.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Cipesta Xr 500mg?
Every medicine with active ingredients has side-effects. However, these side effects are very rare. Most of the individuals don’t face the side effects.
- Trouble sleeping
- Sore throat
- Abdominal pain
- Dark urine
- Yellowing eyes
Cipesta Xr’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Cipesta Xr 500mg Tablet without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history such as; diabetes, heart problems, stomach problems, and liver disease with your doctor before using Cipesta Xr 500mg Tablet.
- If you are allergic to other quinine antibiotics, then inform your doctor.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor.
- Do not use alcohol with Cipesta Xr 500mg Tablet.
- Do not change the dosage of Cipesta Xr 500mg Tablet without the approval of the Pharmacist or your doctor.
- Consult your doctor before using Cipesta Xr 500mg Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.