About Ciproxin 250mg
Ciproxin 250mg Tablet is generally used to treat certain strains of severe bacterial infections; such as urinary tract infections, respiratory tract infections, genital infections for both men and women, abdominal infections, skin infections, tissue, bone, and joint infections.
How Effective is Ciproxin 250mg?
Ciproxin 250mg Tablet is composed of Ciprofloxacin, which belongs to a class of medications known as Quinolone Antibiotics. It tends to work by stopping the growth of certain bacteria, which promotes the infection. Ciproxin can only be used for certain bacterial infections. Ciproxin 250mg does not work against viral infections like flu, common cold, etc. Do not use, when not needed, or your body may grow resistant to its use in the future.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult can generally take 1 tablet of Ciproxin 250mg every 6-8 hourly.
This medication is not recommended for children (16 or younger).
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Ciproxin 250mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Ciproxin 250mg include;
- Trouble sleeping
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant. Also, notify if you are breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Take regularly to gain maximum benefits.
- Do not stop taking without your doctor’s input.
- This medication increases your sensitivity towards the sunlight. Avoid tanning booths and sunlamps.