About Covam 10/160mg Tablet
Covam 10/160mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension).
How effective is Covam 10/160mg?
Covam 10/160mg Tablet is composed of Amlodipine and Valsartan. Amlodipine belongs to a group of medicines known as calcium channel blockers, which work by preventing from entering the cells of your heart. Valsartan belongs to a group of drugs known as angiotensin receptor blockers, which work by relaxing the blood vessels. Covam 10/160mg also helps to prevent heart attacks, strokes, and kidney problems by lowering high blood pressure.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Covam 10/160mg a day, or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), Covam is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Covam 10/160mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Covam 10/160mg?
Some side-effects may be caused by Covam 10/160mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Clammy skin
- Skin discoloration
- Skin dryness
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Persistent sore throat
- Swelling of hands or feet
- Slow or fast heartbeat
- Signs of kidney problems
- Signs of infection
Covam 10/160mg ’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Covam 10/160mg without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of dehydration, liver disease, and heart disease, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredients of Covam.
- Do take an overdose of Covam 10/160mg for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Covam 10/160mg.
- Avoid driving after taking Covam 10/160mg.
Consult your doctor before using Covam 10/160mg if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.