About Covam 5/80mg Tablet
Covam 5/80mg Tablet is used to treat the symptoms of high blood pressure. Lowering the pressure reduces the chances of strokes, heart attacks, and kidney issues.
How effective is Covam 5/80mg?
Covam 5/80mg Tablet is composed of an anti-hypertensive combination. It contains Amlodipine and Valsartan. Amlodipine belongs to the Calcium channel blocker class and works by preventing calcium entry into the cells. Valsartan belongs to Angiotensin Receptor blockers and works by blocking angiotensin receptors to prevent the action of the angiotensin enzyme. It then relaxes the smooth muscles of blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Covam 5/80mg once a day, or as per the patient’s response and clinical situation or as per the prescription.
It is not recommended for children less than 17 years, as its safety and efficacy are not established.
If you have any queries about Covam 5/80mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Covam 5/80mg?
Some side-effects may be caused by Covam 5/80mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased appetite
- Trouble sleeping
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Irregular heartbeat
- Difficulty in urinating
- Unusual tiredness
- Mental or mood changes
- Dark urine
Covam 5/80mg tablet’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Covam 5/80mg without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of electrolyte imbalance, liver disease, certain hormonal conditions, thyroid disease, and kidney disease, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Covam.
- Do not take an overdose of Covam 5/80 mg for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Covam 5/80mg tablet.
- Avoid driving after taking Covam 5/80mg.
- Do not suck or chew Covam 5/80mg and swallow it as a whole.
- Consult your doctor before using Covam 5/80mg tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.