About Lipitor 10mg
Lipitor 10mg Tablet is generally used in conjunction with a proper diet to help lower the ‘bad’ cholesterol and raise the ‘good’ cholesterol in the blood. Low-Density Lipoproteins or LDLs are referred to as the ‘bad’ cholesterol, whereas High-Density Lipoproteins or HDLs are called the ‘good’ cholesterol.
How Effective is Lipitor 10mg?
Lipitor 10mg Tablet is composed of Atorvastatin, which belongs to the group of medications known as Statins. It works by reducing the amount of cholesterol produced by the liver. The risk for various heart diseases is lowered significantly by a decrease in the ‘bad’ cholesterol and an increase in the ‘good’ cholesterol. Lipitor may work even better if other lifestyle changes are made along with the intake of a proper diet; like regular exercising, losing weight if you are overweight, and stopping the habit of smoking.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult or a child can generally take 1 to 4 Tablets of Lipitor 10mg in a day, with or without food.
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Lipitor 10mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Lipitor 10mg include;
- Mild memory issues
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Do not use this medication if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant.
- Notify your doctor if you are breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Take regularly to gain maximum benefits.
- This medication may worsen the effects of Diabetes.