About Novidat 500mg
Novidat 500mg tablet is composed of Ciprofloxacin. It belongs to the category of Antibiotics. Novidat 500mg is used for the treatment of bacterial infections, such as;
- Respiratory tract infections
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Stomach infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Inflammation in the ear
- Inflammation of sinuses
- Inflammation of the urethra due to a sexually transmitted disease
- Inflammation of the lower end of the uterus
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Prevention of infection in patients with low levels of white blood cells
How Effective is Novidat 500mg?
Novidat 500mg belongs to a class of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It works by killing the specific bacteria that cause infections.
Antibiotics such as Novidat 500mg will not work for colds, flu, or other viral infections. Using antibiotics when they are not needed inadvertently increases the risk of infection later on, which will be resistant to antibiotic treatment.
What Dose Should I Choose?
The dosage for Novidat 500mg tablet depends upon the patient’s age, condition, severity, and reaction. You can take it with meals. Usual dose range is 500mg – 750 mg. You should not take Novidat 500mg with dairy products alone or with calcium-fortified products. Do not take antacids or multivitamins 6 hours before or 2 hours after taking it. Take the prescribed dosage regularly if you want to see long-term beneficial results. Do not discontinue using it unless told otherwise. If you have queries, you can ask your doctor, or you can ask our professional pharmacist.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Novidat 500mg?
Every medicine has side effects. However, they are rare.
Common side-effects of Novidat 500mg tablet include;
- Sleeping difficulty
- Allergic reactions
Contact your doctor immediately if these, or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Do not take if you are pregnant, think might be pregnant, or are breastfeeding.