About Panadol Extra 100 Tablet
Panadol Extra 100 Tablet is used to treat the symptoms of Fever, headache, earache, Muscle pain Migraine Osteoarthritis, Sore throat, and toothache.
How effective is Panadol Extra 100?
Panadol Extra 100 Tablet is composed of Paracetamol and Caffeine, which works by decreasing the secretion of chemicals responsible for fever and pain. It action starts within 15 minutes. Caffeine increases energy metabolism in brain and decreases blood flow to brain.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hourly as per the clinical conditions or patient’s response.
For children (2-17 years), this dosage form is not recommended. As its safety and efficacy is not yet established.
If you have any queries about Panadol Extra, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Panadol Extra?
Some side-effects may be caused by Panadol Extra 100 Tablet, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic reaction
- Stomach upset
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Persistent Vomiting and Nausea
- Yellow eyes
- Low blood pressure
- Unusual tiredness
Panadol Extra 100 Tablet’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Panadol Extra without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of electrolyte imbalance, liver disease, certain hormonal conditions, thyroid disease, and kidney disease, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Panadol Extra.
- Do not take an overdose of Panadol Extra for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Panadol Extra.
- Avoid driving after taking Panadol Extra.
- Do not suck or chew Panadol Extra 100 and swallow it.
- Consult your doctor before using Panadol Extra 100 Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.