About Ponstan 250mg
Ponstan 250mg Tablet is generally used for the short term treatment of the mild to moderate pain level. Sometimes, Postan 250mg is also used as a painkiller for menstrual cramps.
How Effective is Ponstan 250mg?
Ponstan 250mg Tablet is composed of Mefenamic acid, which is known as a Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID). It works by relieving the pain and inflammation of different organs. It resolves the symptoms of pain and inflammation associated with many conditions.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult can generally take 1 to 4 tablets of Ponstan 250mg in a day.
A child (12 and older) can take 1 to 2 tablets a day.
Ponstan 250mg is not recommended for children (younger than 12).
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Ponstan 250mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Ponstan 250mg include;
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Be careful using this medication if you have a skin condition.