About Progyluton 2/0.5mg
Progyluton 2/0.5mg Tablet is used to treat the symptoms of menopause (including hot flashes and vaginal dryness). This medicine is also helpful to prevent osteoporosis (boneless) in menopausal women.
How effective is Progyluton 2/0.5mg?
Progyluton 2/0.5mg Tablet is composed of Estradiol Valerate & Norgestrel. This medicine is the most effective treatment available for vaginal changes. These changes are caused by the body making less estrogen. This medicine is also effective for women who are not able to produce enough estrogen due to primary ovarian failure and hypogonadism.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (18 and above), take 1 tablet of Progyluton 1-2 times per day, or as prescribed by your doctor.
Progyluton 2/0.5mg is not recommended for women younger than 18.
Progyluton 2/0.5mg Tablet is not recommended for use in men.
The course of treatment depends upon the severity of the disease/disorder. If you have queries about this medicine, please feel free to contact the pharmacist.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Progyluton 2/0.5mg?
Every medicine with active ingredients has side-effects. However, these side effects are very rare. Most individuals don’t face the side effects.
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Breast enlargement
- Weight changes
Some serious side effects can also appear;
- Memory loss
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Persistent vomiting
- Vaginal irritation
- Dark urine
- Swelling feet, hands, and ankles
Progyluton’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Progyluton 2/0.5mg Tablet without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially breast cancer, blood clots, liver disease, vaginal bleeding, and strokes with your doctor before using Progyluton 2/0.5mg Tablet.
- If you have allergy problems, then inform your doctor.
- Do not smoke during treatment.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor.
- Consult your doctor before using Progyluton 2/0.5mg Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.