About Canesten 10g Cream
Canesten 10g Cream is used for the treatment of skin infections, such as ringworm, jock itch, and athlete’s foot, and several fungal skin infections, like candidiasis. Canesten is also used for the treatment of tinea versicolor (a type of fungal infection that causes darkening or lightening to the skin of the legs, neck, chest, or arms).
How effective is Canesten 10g?
Canesten 10g Cream is composed of Clotrimazole, which belongs to a group of medicines known as an azole antifungal. Canesten shows effectiveness by preventing the growth of fungus in the body.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), apply a thin layer of Canesten 2-3 times a day, or as prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), apply a thin layer of Canesten 2-3 times a day.
If you have any query about Canesten 10g Tablet, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Canesten 10g?
Some side-effects may be caused by Canesten 10g Tablet, but they are extremely rare.
Side effects can include:
- Flaking of the treated skin
- Pimple-like bumps
Some serious allergic reactions may also occur;
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
Canesten’s warnings include;
- Share your medical history with your doctor before using Canesten 10g.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredients of Canesten.
- Do not cover or bandage the skin after applying Canesten.
- Wash your hands before applying Canesten.
- Do not apply Canesten inside the eyes.
- Do not use Canesten if you have an infection due to shingles or tuberculosis.
- Consult your doctor before using Canesten 10g if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.