Sedil Tablet is prescribed to relieve various symptoms of allergy; such as the runny nose, watery eyes, itching, hives, sneezing, irritation in the eyes, and nose.
How Effective is Sedil?
Sedil is composed of Cetirizine. It is used as an excellent Antihistamine drug. It works by blocking your body from producing certain chemicals that are created in excess due to allergies. Sedil is not suitable for the prevention of a serious allergic reaction, like an Anaphylactic shock. Do not use it as a replacement for an Epinephrine shot.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult can generally take one 10mg tablet of Sedil once a day, with or without water.
A child can take half a 10mg tablet in one day.
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Sedil?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Sedil include;
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Do not take if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Take regularly to see maximum benefits.
- Do not drive a car or operate heavy machinery due to drowsiness caused by this drug.