About Tarivid 200mg
Tarivid 200mg Tablet is an antibiotic. It is generally used in the treatment of bacterial infections; such as Pelvic inflammation, Cervical and Urethral Gonorrhea, Peptic ulcers, etc.
How Effective is Tarivid 200mg?
Tarivid 200mg Tablet is composed of Ofloxacin, which belongs to a class of medication known as Quinolone Antibiotics. It works by stopping the growth of certain bacteria within the body called DNA-Gyrase. Tarivid does not work against viral infections, like the common cold, flu, etc. It only works against bacterial infections.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult can generally take 1 tablet of Tarivid 200mg twice a day.200mg -800mg can be taken for adults.
It is not recommended for children (younger than 12).
You can take it with or without food. Drink plenty of fluids. The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Tarivid 200mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Tarivid 200mg include;
- Abdominal pain
- Increased appetite
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Avoid excessive sunlight when using this medication.