About Telfast 180mg
Telfast 180mg Tablet is a medicine that is generally used to relieve various symptoms of allergies; such as watery eyes, runny nose, itchy skin, hives, sneezing, etc.
How effective is Telfast 180mg?
Telfast 180mg Tablet is composed of Fexofenadine, which belongs to a group of medications called Antihistamines. It works by stopping the production of a certain chemical in the body that is produced during allergies. This chemical is called Histamines.
What dose should I choose?
An adult patient can generally take 1 Tablet of Telfast 180mg, once or twice a day.
Telfast 180mg is not recommended for children (12 or younger).
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the side-effects and other warnings when taking Telfast 180mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Telfast 180mg include;
- Upset stomach
- Menstrual cramps
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- If you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed, notify your doctor or a pharmacist before using this product.
- Take regularly for the medication to have a lasting effect.
- Do not stop taking without your doctor’s input.
- Patients with renal impairment must not take this medication.