About Tenormin 50mg
Tenormin 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure caused by hypertension, angina, and irregular heart rhythms. It can also be prescribed for the prevention of future heart attacks, strokes, and migraines.
How Effective is Tenormin 50mg?
Tenormin 50mg is composed of Atenolol and belongs to a group of medications called Beta-Blockers. Tenormin 50mg works by blocking the production of certain chemicals in your body that affect the heart and blood vessels, such as Epinephrine. This helps lower the heart rate and blood pressure, thereby decreasing the strain on a patient’s heart.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult can generally take 1 tablet of Tenormin 50mg once or twice a day, with or without food.
Children (18 and younger) can take 0.5-1mg/kg/day.
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Tenormin 50mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Tenormin 50mg include;
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Do not take Tenormin 50mg if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Take regularly to see maximum benefits.
- Do not drive a car or operate heavy machinery due to drowsiness caused by this drug.