About Zolid Plus 15/500mg Tablet
Zolid Plus 15/500mg Tablet is used to treat the symptoms of raised levels of blood sugar levels. It is used along with exercise and a proper diet. Lowering blood sugar prevents the patients from the severity of hyperglycemia, such as kidney problems, diabetic foot, heart issues, and infection issues.
How effective is Zolid Plus 15/500mg?
Zolid Plus 15/500mg Tablet is composed of two oral antidiabetic drugs. One is Pioglitazone, which belongs to the Thiazolidinedione class and works by improving insulin sensitivity. Second is Metformin, which belongs to the Biguanides class of drugs and works by increasing the peripheral use of glucose by muscles and decreasing its production by the liver. It can be used alone or in combination with other drugs.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of zolid Plus 15/500mg once or twice a day, or as per the patient’s response and clinical situation, or as per the prescription.
For children (below 17), Zolid Plus 15/500mg is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Zolid Plus 15/500mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Zolid Plus 15/500mg?
Some side-effects may be caused by Zolid Plus 15/500mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Back pain
- Stomach upset
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Joint pain
- Unusual skin blister
- Unusual tiredness
- Mental or mood changes
- Irregular heartbeat
Zolid Plus 15/500mg tablet’s warnings include;
- Share your medical history especially of electrolyte imbalance, liver disease, certain hormonal conditions, thyroid disease, and kidney disease with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredients of Zolid Plus 15/500mg tablet.
- Do not consume alcohol with Zolid plus.
- Avoid driving after taking Zolid Plus 15/500mg.
- Do not suck or chew Zolid Plus 15/500mg and swallow it as a whole.
- Consult your doctor before using Zolid Plus 15/500mg if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.