About Zurig 80mg Tablet
Zurig 80mg Tablet is used to lower uric acid levels in patients with gout. Zurig 80mg should be used if other medicines, like allopurinol, did not work to lower the uric acid level.
How effective is Zurig 80mg?
Zurig 80mg Tablet is composed of Febuxostat, which belongs to a group of medicines known as xanthine oxidase inhibitors. Zurig 80mg shows effectiveness by decreasing the amount of uric acid made by your acid. Zurig 80mg also helps to prevent gout.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Zurig 80mg a day, or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), Zurig is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Zurig 80mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Zurig 80mg?
Some side-effects may be caused by Zurig 80mg tablet, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- A build-up of fluid in ankles or lower legs
Abnormal liver activity
- Feeling sick
- Skin rashes
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Yellowing eyes or skin
- Persistent abdominal pain
- Liver disease
- Dark urine
- Painful urination
- Skin rash
Zurig 80mg tablet’s warnings include;
- Share your medical history, especially of organ transplant, cancer, kidney disease, heart disease, chest pain, lung disease, and liver disease, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Zurig 80mg.
- Do take an overdose of Zurig 80mg for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Zurig 80mg.
- Avoid driving after taking Zurig 80mg.
- Consult your doctor before using Zurig 80mg tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.