About Amclav 60ml Syrup
Amclav 60ml Syrup/suspension is used for the treatment of infections. It treats infections caused by bacteria only. Amclav 60ml Syrup/suspension is not helpful in the treatment of viral infections. It can treat infections of the ears, lungs, sinus, skin and urinary tract.
How effective is Amclav 60ml?
Amclav 60ml Syrup/suspension contains two drugs, Amoxicillin Trihydrate 156 mg and Clavulanate Potassium 25mg. The combinations of these two medicines are used to treat infections in different parts of the body. Amoxicillin Trihydrate is an antibiotic drug and works by killing the bacteria that cause infection. The second drug in Amclav 60ml is Clavulanate Potassium and belongs to the class of medicines beta-lactamase inhibitors. This medication works by preventing germs from growing.
What dose should I choose?
For adults and children above the weight of 40kg, the recommended dose of Amclav 60ml is 1 tablespoon taken every 8 hours.
For children (weight less than 40kg), the recommended dose of Amclav 60ml Syrup/Suspension is 20mg/5mg/kg in divided doses.
If you have any queries about Amclav 60ml, please contact your doctor or a pharmacist online.
The exact dose of Amclav 60ml is prescribed by the doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Amclav 60ml?
Every product with an active ingredient has side effects, however they rare.
Some common side effects of Amclav 60ml:
- Stomach pain
- Swollen tongue
- Pale yellow skin
- Dark urine
Amclav 60ml’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Amclav 60ml without the doctor’s consent.
- If you have allergy problems, inform your doctor.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor before using Amclav 60ml.
- Consult your doctor before using Amclav 60ml if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use Amclav 60ml if you have severe renal issues or liver problems.