About Amclav 625mg
Amclav 625mg Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections, such as; upper respiratory tract infection (including otitis media, tonsillitis, and sinusitis), skin and soft tissue infection, wound infection, bone and joints infection, lower respiratory tract infection, and septic abortion.
How effective is Amclav 625m?
Amclav 625mg Tablet is composed of Amoxicillin trihydrate and Clavulanate potassium, which belong to the group of medicines known as antibiotics. This medicine shows effectiveness by stopping the growth of bacteria and eventually killing them. Amclav is not effective against viral infections, like flu and the common cold. Unnecessary use of this antibiotic can cause it to not work properly for potential future infections.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (18 and above), take 1 Tablet of Amclav 625mg, 2-3 times a day. Avoid chewing. Do not take Amclav 625mg Tablet with a heavy meal.
For children (17 and below), the usual dose of Amclav 625mg Tablet is calculated by the formulae 25mg/kg a day, in divided doses.
The course of treatment depends upon the severity of the disease/disorder. If you have queries about this medicine, please feel free to contact the pharmacist.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Amclav 625mg?
Every medicine with active ingredients has side-effects. However, these side effects are very rare. Most of the individuals don’t face the side effects.
- Abdominal pain
- Dark urine
- Sore throat
- Unusual tiredness
- Yellowing eyes
Amclav’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Amclav 625mg Tablet without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, such as; bleeding problems, kidney disease, stomach problems, and liver disease with your doctor before using Amclav 625mg Tablet.
- If you are allergic to active ingredients, then inform your doctor.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor.
- Do not change the dosage of Amclav 625mg Tablet without the approval of the pharmacist or your doctor.
- Consult your doctor before using Amclav 625mg Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.