About Amclav Plus 70ml Syrup
Amclav Plus 70ml Syrup is used to treat the symptoms of bacterial infections such as tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, gonorrhoea, ear and nose infections. It is also recommended for urinary tract infections and skin and soft tissue infections.
How effective is Amclav Plus 70ml?
Amclav Plus 70ml Syrup is composed of two anti-bacterial components, Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid. Amoxicillin is a Penicillin antibiotic and works by destroying the cell wall structure of bacteria, thus killing them, whereas Clavulanic acid is a B-lactam antibiotic and works well in combination with Penicillin.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 2 tablespoons of Amclav Plus 70ml syrup twice daily or as per the patient’s response and clinical situation or as per the prescription.
For children (below 17), Amclav Plus 70ml syrup is recommended as per the body weight. The usual recommended dose is 25 mg/3.6 mg/kg/day to 45 mg/6.4 mg/kg/day given as two divided doses.
If you have any queries about Amclav Plus 70ml Syrup, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Amclav Plus 70ml?
Some side-effects may be caused by Amclav Plus 70ml, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Back pain
- Stomach upset
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Dark Urine
- Persistent Vomiting and Nausea
- Yellow eyes
- Easy bleeding
- Unusual tiredness
Amclav’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Amclav Plus 70ml without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of electrolyte imbalance, liver disease, certain hormonal conditions, thyroid disease, and kidney disease, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Amclav Plus 70ml
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor.
- Do not take an overdose of Amclav Plus 70ml for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Amclav Plus
- Avoid driving after taking Amclav Plus 70ml.
- Do not suck or chew Amclav Plus 70ml and swallow it as a whole.
- Consult your doctor before using Amclav Plus 70ml Syrup if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.