About Amtas 5mg+40mg Tablet
Amtas 5mg+40mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure).
How effective is Amtas 5mg+40mg?
Amtas 5mg+40mg Tablet is composed of Amlodipine + Telmisartan. Amlodipine belongs to a group of drugs known as calcium channel blockers, which show effectiveness by preventing calcium from entering the cells of your heart. Telmisartan belongs to a group of medicines known as angiotensin receptor blockers, which show effectiveness by relaxing the blood vessels. Amtas 5mg+40mg also helps to prevent kidney problems, strokes, and heart attacks by lowering high blood pressure.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Amtas 5mg+40mg a day, or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), Amtas is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Amtas 5mg+40mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Amtas 5mg+40mg?
Some side-effects may be caused by Amtas 5mg+40mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Feeling tired
- Abdominal pain
- Sudden redness of the neck and face
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- A high potassium blood level
- Muscle weakness
- Slow heartbeat
- Signs of kidney problems
- A change in the amount of urine
Amtas’s warnings include;
- Share your medical history, especially of bile duct blockage, liver disease, heart disease, severe mineral loss, hyperkalemia, and aortic stenosis with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredients of Amtas.
- Do take an overdose of Amtas 5mg+40mg for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Amtas.
- Avoid driving after taking Amtas 5mg+40mg.
- Consult your doctor before using Amtas 5mg+40mg tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.