About Amlo Q 5mg
Amlo Q 5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It can also be helpful in preventing certain types of chest pains, like Angina.
How effective is Amlo Q 5mg?
Amlo Q 5mg Tablet is composed of Amlodipine, which belongs to a class of medications known as Calcium Channel Blockers. Amlo Q 5mg works by relaxing the blood vessels, so blood can freely flow within them. It may be able to help patients with a heart disease to exercise better by decreasing the frequency of heart pains.
What dose should I choose?
An adult patient can generally take 1 Tablet of Amlo Q 5mg once or twice a day, with or without food.
Amlo Q 5mg is not recommended for use in children (12 or younger).
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the side-effects and other warnings when taking Amlo Q 5mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Amlo Q 5mg include;
- Swelling in nose, throat, feet, ankles, and lower legs
- Stomach pain
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- If you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed, notify your doctor or a pharmacist before using this product.
- Take regularly for the medication to have a lasting effect.
- Do not stop taking without your doctor’s input.