About Calamox 312.5mg/5ml Syrup
Calamox 312.5mg/5ml Syrup/Suspension is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as; urinary tract infections (UTI), skin and soft tissue infections, sinus infections, and chest infections.
How effective is Calamox 312.5mg/5ml?
Calamox 312.5mg/5ml Syrup/Suspension is composed of Co-Amoxiclav, which belongs to a group of medicines known as penicillin-type antibiotics. Calamox 312.5mg/5ml shows effectiveness by stopping the growth of bacteria. Calamox 312.5mg/5ml works only against bacterial infections and will not treat viral infections like the common cold or flu.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 2 teaspoons of Calamox 312.5mg/5ml 2-3 times a day or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), 1 teaspoon of Calamox 312.5mg/5ml 2 times a day.
If you have any queries about Calamox 312.5mg/5ml, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Calamox 312.5mg/5ml?
Some side effects may be caused by Calamox 312.5mg/5ml, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- New signs of infection
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Swelling of the face, tongue, or throat
- Signs of liver problems
- Decreased white blood cells
Calamox’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Calamox 312.5mg/5ml without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of diabetes, liver problems, stomach disease, kidney problems, and breathing problems, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Calamox.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor.
- Do not take an overdose of Calamox 312.5mg/5ml for quick relief.
- Avoid driving after taking Calamox 312.5mg/5ml.
- Do not consume alcohol or marijuana with Calamox.
- Consult your doctor before using Calamox 312.5mg/5ml if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.