About Carbex Plus 120ml Syrup
Carbex Plus 120ml Syrup is used to treat the symptoms of mucus cough in patients. It is a mucolytic agent and helps in expelling phlegm. It is also anti-allergic and treats runny nose, sneezing, itching and watery eyes.
How effective is Carbex Plus 120ml?
Carbex Plus 120ml Syrup is composed of two ingredients. One is Carbocisteine which belongs to the Mucolytic class of drugs. It works by making the mucus less thick and sticky. The second is Promethazine which belongs to the anti-allergic class of drugs and works by inhibiting the secretion of allergy-causing substances.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 2 teaspoons full of Carbex Plus 120ml once or twice a day or as per the patient’s response or prescription.
For children 2-5 years 1.2-2.5ml thrice daily 6-17 years 5ml thrice daily
If you have any queries about Carbex Plus 120ml, please get in touch with your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Carbex Plus 120ml?
Carbex Plus 120ml may cause some side effects, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased appetite
- Trouble sleeping
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Irregular heartbeat
- Difficulty in urinating
- Unusual tiredness
- Mental or mood changes
- Dark urine
Carbex’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Carbex Plus120ml without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially electrolyte imbalance, liver disease, certain hormonal conditions, thyroid disease, and kidney disease, with your doctor before using Carbex plus 120ml.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Carbex.
- Do not take an overdose of Carbex Plus 120ml for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Carbex.
- Avoid driving after taking Carbex Plus 120ml.
- Consult your doctor before using Carbex Plus 120ml if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.