About Claforan 250mg Injection
Claforan 250mg Injection is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as; peritonitis, osteomyelitis, meningitis, bacterial endocarditis, and septicemia.
How effective is Claforan 250mg?
Claforan 250mg Injection is composed of Cefotaxime which belongs to a group of medicines known as cephalosporin antibiotics. Claforan 250mg shows effectiveness by stopping the growth of bacteria. Claforan 250mg is only effective against bacterial infections and will not treat viral infections like the common cold or flu.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 injection of Claforan 250mg a day or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), the usual dose of Claforan 250mg is 100mg/kg.
If you have any queries about Claforan 250mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Claforan 250mg?
Some side effects may be caused by Claforan 250mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Swelling. Pain or redness at the injection site
- Stomach pain
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Dark urine
- Yellowing eyes or skin
- Signs of liver problems
- Loss of appetite
- Persistent nausea or vomiting
Claforan’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Claforan 250mg without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of the stomach or intestinal disease and kidney problems, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Claforan.
- Do not take an overdose of Claforan 250mg for quick relief.
- Avoid driving after taking Claforan 250mg.
- Do not consume alcohol or marijuana with Claforan.
- Consult your doctor before using Claforan 250mg if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.