About Claritek 500mg
Claritek 500mg Tablet is generally used as an infection medication. It can treat certain bacterial infections; such as Pneumonia, Bronchitis, and various infections of the ear, skin, sinuses, and throat.
How Effective is Claritek 500mg?
Claritek 500mg is composed of Clarithromycin, which belongs to the class of medications known as Macrolide Antibiotic. It works by preventing the growth of certain bacteria that promote infection in the body. Claritek can only help treat some bacterial infections; it does not work against viral infections like flu, common cold, etc.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult can generally take 1 tablet of Claritek 500mg after every 12 hours, with or without food.
The dosage for children (16 or younger) is determined by the formula 7.5mg/kg once every 12 hours.
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Claritek 500mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Claritek 500mg include;
- Changes in taste
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant. Also, notify if you are breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Take regularly to gain maximum benefits.
- Do not stop taking without your doctor’s input.