About Klaricid 250mg
Klaricid 250mg Tablet is generally used to treat certain bacterial infections; such as Pneumonia, Bronchitis, and various infections of the ear, skin, sinuses, and throat. Karicid 250mg can also be used in combination with other medications to treat certain types of stomach ulcers. It may also help prevent certain forms of bacterial infections.
How effective is Klaricid 250mg?
Karicid 250mg Tablet is composed of Clarithromycin, which belongs to the class of medications known as Macrolide Antibiotic. Karicid 250mg works by preventing the growth of bacteria. Klaricid can only help treat some bacterial infections. Karicid 250mg does not work against viral infections like flu, common cold, etc. Furthermore, its frivolous use may prevent it from working in future infections as the body may grow resistant to it.
What dose should I choose?
An adult can generally take 1 tablet of Klaricid 250mg once every 12 hours, with or without food.
The dosage of Klaricid 250mg for children (12 or younger) is determined by the formula 7.5mg/kg once every 12 hours.
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor.
What are the side-effects and other warnings when taking Klaricid 250mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Klaricid 250mg include;
- Changes in taste
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- If you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed, notify your doctor or a pharmacist before using this product.
- Do not stop taking without your doctor’s input.