About Lasix 40mg
Lasix 40mg Tablet is used to reduce the swelling, or oedema, caused by too much water in the body. This condition can affect people who have heart failure, liver, or kidney disease. It is also used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
How Effective is Lasix 40mg?
Lasix 40mg is composed of Furosemide and belongs to a group of medications called Diuretics, which causes the patient to produce more urine. It helps the body to get rid of excess water and salt. It can be used alone, or in conjunction with other medications for the reduction of water in the body.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult can generally take 1 tablet of Lasix 40mg once or twice a day, with or without food.
The dosage for children is determined according to their weight.
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Lasix 40mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Lasix 40mg include;
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Do not take Lasix 40mg if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Take regularly to see maximum benefits.