About Lipiget 40mg Tablet
Lipiget 40mg Tablet is used with a healthy diet to raise good cholesterol (High-Density Lipoprotein) and lower bad cholesterol (Low-Density Lipoprotein and triglycerides) in the blood.
How effective is Lipiget 40mg?
Lipiget 40mg Tablet is composed of Atorvastatin, which belongs to a group of medicines known as statins. Lipiget 40mg shows effectiveness by decreasing the amount of cholesterol made by your liver. This also helps to prevent strokes and heart disease by lowering bad cholesterol and raising bad cholesterol. A change in lifestyle such as proper exercise, stopping smoking, and losing weight can help Lipiget to work better.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Lipiget 40mg tablet a day, or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), Lipiget 40mg is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Lipiget 40mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Lipiget 40mg?
Some side-effects may be caused by Lipiget 40mg tablet, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Loss of appetite
- Joint pain
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
- Urinary tract infection
- Stuffy or runny nose
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Signs of kidney problems
- Muscle tenderness
- Persistent vomiting
- Dark urine
- Severe stomach pain
- Yellowing eyes
Lipiget 40mg tablet’s warnings include;
- Share your medical history, especially of alcohol use, kidney disease, and liver disease with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Lipiget 40mg.
- Do take an overdose of Lipiget 40mg for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Lipiget 40mg.
- Avoid driving after taking Lipiget 40mg.
Consult your doctor before using Lipiget 40mg tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.