About Nexum 40mg
Nexum 40mg Capsule is primarily used as a proton pump inhibitor, which decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It relieves various symptoms; such as heartburn, difficulty swallowing, and coughing. It is classified under Gastro-Intestinal Motility Disorders medication. It is composed of Esomeprazole.
How Effective is Nexum 40mg?
Nexum 40mg Capsule is used for the treatment of certain stomach and oesophagus problems; such as acid reflux, ulcers. It decreases the amount of acid your stomach produces. Nexum 40mg helps;
- Heal acid damage to the stomach and oesophagus.
- Helps prevent ulcers.
- Helps prevent cancer of the oesophagus.
What Dose Should I Choose?
Nexum 40mg is a delayed-release capsule. It is swallowed orally without chewing. Do not take it with food. Your doctor prescribes the dosage based on condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. You must not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed. Do not stop using Nexum 40mg Capsule without consulting your doctor.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Nexum 40mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are rare.
Common side-effects of Nexum 40mg include;
- Skin reactions
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Allergic reactions
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- If you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed, notify your doctor or a pharmacist before using this tablet. Generally, it is regarded as safe for use during pregnancy, but not while breast-feeding.