About Nimixa 550mg Tablet
Nimixa 550mg Tablet is used for the treatment of diarrhea due to the common bacteria known as E. coli (traveler’s diarrhea). Nimixa 550mg is also used for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea. Nimixa 550mg can also be used to prevent brain problems caused by hepatic encephalopathy (liver disease).
How effective is Nimixa 550mg?
Nimixa 550mg Tablet is composed of Rifaximin, which belongs to a group of medicines known as antibiotics. Nimixa 550mg shows effectiveness by stopping the growth of bacteria that cause bacteria. Nimixa 550mg is only effective against bacterial infections and will not treat viral infections.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Nimixa 550mg a day, or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17): Nimixa 550mg tablet is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Nimixa 550mg tablet, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Nimixa 550mg?
Some side effects may be caused by Nimixa 550mg tablet, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Abdominal pain
- Feeling you need to urgently empty your bowels
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Persistent diarrhea
- Blood stools
- Severe dizziness
- Breathing problems
Nimixa 550mg tablet’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Nimixa 550mg without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially with your doctor, before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Nimixa 550mg.
- Do take an overdose of Nimixa 550mg for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Nimixa 550mg tablet.
- Avoid driving after taking Nimixa 550mg.
- Take Nimixa only with milk or food.
- Consult your doctor before using Nimixa 550mg tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.