About Novoteph 20mg
Novoteph 20mg Capsule is a medicine that is generally used to treat the symptom of excessive stomach acid associated with conditions like Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome, Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease or GERD, etc.
How effective is Novoteph 20mg?
Novoteph 20mg Capsule is composed of Esomeprazole, which belongs to a group of medications called Proton Pump Inhibitors or PPIs. Novoteph 20mg works by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It relieves the symptoms associated with high acid levels such as heartburn, persistent cough, and difficulty swallowing. Novoteph helps heal the damage done to the oesophagus and stomach. It helps in the prevention of stomach ulcers and may even help prevent esophageal cancer.
What dose should I choose?
An adult patient can generally take 1 capsule of Novoteph 20mg in a day, preferably an hour before taking the meal.
Novoteph 20mg is not recommended for use in children.
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the side-effects and other warnings when taking Novoteph 20mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Novoteph 20mg include;
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- If you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed, notify your doctor or a pharmacist before using this product.
- Do not take Novoteph 20mg for more than 14 days. Contact your doctor if symptoms persist.