About Primolut N 5mg
Primolut N 5mg Tablet is generally used to treat several menstrual problems; such as painful, heavy, or irregular periods. It can also be used for menopausal hormone therapy and as birth control pills.
How Effective is Primolut N 5mg?
Primolut N 5mg Tablet is composed of Norethisterone, which is an artificially manufactured form of a certain female hormone, called Progesterone.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult female can generally take 1 Tablet of Primolut N 5mg in a day, with or without food.
This medication is not recommended for males or children (16 or younger).
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Primolut N 5mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Primolut N 5mg include;
- Enlarged or tender breasts
- Breakthrough bleeding
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Do not take if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant.
- Do not take if you are breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Take regularly to gain maximum benefits.
- Do not stop taking without your doctor’s input.
- This medication may cause irregularities in the menstrual cycle.