About Solifen 5mg
Solifen 5mg Tablet is used to treat the symptoms of an overactive bladder; such as frequent urination, urgent urination, and incontinence, or urine leakage.
How Effective is Solifen 5mg?
Solifen 5mg is composed of Solifenacin, which belongs to the class of medications known as Antispasmodics. Solifen 5mg works by relaxing the muscles in the bladder. This improves a patient’s ability to control their urination. It is an excellent method of reducing the leakage of urine, abrupt urgency for urination, and uncomfortably increased frequency for urination.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult can generally take 1 tablet of Solifen 5mg once or twice a day, with a full glass of water.
It is not recommended for children.
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Solifen 5mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Solifen 5mg include;
- Swelling in the legs, ankles, and feet
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Consult your doctor or the pharmacist if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- Take regularly to see maximum benefits.
- Do not drive a car or operate heavy machinery due to drowsiness caused by this drug.