About Synflex 550mg
Synflex 550mg Tablet is a painkiller. It is generally used to relieve pain due to various conditions; such as headache, muscle pain, inflammation of tendons, toothache, and menstrual cramps. It can also help reduce pain, inflammation, and joint stiffness caused by conditions like arthritis, gout attacks, and bursitis.
How Effective is Synflex 550mg?
Synflex 550mg Tablet is composed of Naproxen. It belongs to the class of medications called Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID). It is used as a painkiller for the management of mild to medium range of pain. Synflex 550mg works by blocking the body’s ability to produce certain natural chemicals that cause inflammation.
What Dose Should I Choose?
An adult can generally take 1 tablet of Synflex 550mg 2 to 3 times in a day.
Synflex 550mg Tablet is not recommended for children (younger than 12).
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the Side-Effects and Other Warnings When Taking Synflex 550mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Synflex 550mg include;
- Peptic ulcer
- Kidney failure
- Breast cancer
- GI perforation
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take it without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed.
- This medication increases sensitivity to the sunlight.