About Trevia 50mg
Trevia 50mg Tablet is used in combination with a proper diet, an exercise regimen, and other medications to control the high blood sugar in people suffering from Diabetes Type 2. Controlling blood sugar may also help prevent various other conditions; such as kidney disorders, blindness, nerve disorders, loss of limbs, sexual disorders, etc.
How effective is Trevia 50mg?
Trevia 50mg Tablet is composed of Sitagliptin, which belongs to a class of medications known as DPP-4 Inhibitors or Gliptins. It works by increasing the level of a naturally occurring substance in the body, called Insulin, especially after taking a meal. It can also help your liver make less sugar.
What dose should I choose?
An adult patient can generally take 1 Tablet of Trevia 50mg twice a day, preferably after regular meals.
Trevia 50mg is not recommended for use in children (12 or younger).
The specific dosage, timing, and quantity are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the patient’s condition, symptoms, reactions, and age. Do not take in different amounts than advised/prescribed by your doctor. Be careful if self-medicating. Make sure that the course of treatment is fully completed.
What are the side-effects and other warnings when taking Trevia 50mg?
Every medicine has side-effects. However, they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects of Trevia 50mg include;
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Allergic reactions in case of Hypersensitivity to the drug or its components
Contact your doctor immediately if these or other side-effects appear.
Its warnings include;
- Do not take or stop without your doctor’s consent.
- Notify your doctor if you have a prior condition, taking any medication, or have any allergies.
- If you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed, notify your doctor or a pharmacist before using this product.
- Take regularly for the medication to have a lasting effect.
- Do not drive a car or operate heavy machinery after taking this medication.