About Treviamet 50mg+500mg Tablet
Treviamet 50mg+500mg Tablet is used with a healthy diet and proper exercise to control high blood sugar in people with type-2 diabetes.
How effective is Treviamet 50mg+500mg?
Treviamet 50mg+500mg Tablet is composed of Sitagliptin + Metformin. Sitagliptin belongs to a group of drugs known as dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors, which show effectiveness by increasing the level of incretins. Incretins is essential to control blood sugar. Metformin belongs to a group of medicines known as biguanides, which show effectiveness by restoring your body’s proper response to insulin.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Treviamet 50mg+500mg, 1-2 times a day, or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), Treviamet 50mg+500mg tablet is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Treviamet 50mg+500mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Treviamet 50mg+500mg?
Some side-effects may be caused by Treviamet 50mg+500mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Metallic taste in the mouth
- Stomach upset
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Unusual weight gain
- Signs of kidney problems
- Unusual skin blisters
- Swelling of feet or ankles
- Signs of heart failure
- Joint pain
- Unusual tiredness
Treviamet 50mg+500mg tablet’s warnings include;
- Share your medical history especially of gallstones, kidney disease, pancreatitis, severe breathing problems, and obstructive lung disease with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Treviamet.
- Do not consume alcohol with Treviamet 50mg+500mg tablet.
- Avoid driving after taking Treviamet 50mg+500mg.
- Consult your doctor before using Treviamet 50mg+500mg tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.