About Urilef 100mg Tablet
Urilef 100mg Tablet is used for the treatment of irritation of the urinary tract, such as burning, feeling of needing to urinate frequently or urgently, and pain. Urilef 100mg can also be used with antimicrobial therapy.
How effective is Urilef 100mg?
Urilef 100mg Tablet is composed of Phenazopyridine, which belongs to a group of medicines known as analgesics. Urilef 100mg shows effectiveness by working as a painkiller to soothe the lining of the urinary tract. Urilef 100mg is not effective to treat the cause of urinary irritation.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18): 1-2 tablets of Urilef 100mg 2-3 times a day, or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), the usual dose of Urilef is 12mg/kg in divided doses.
If you have any queries about Urilef 100mg tablet, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Urilef 100mg?
Some side-effects may be caused by Urilef 100mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Stomach upset
- Weight gain
- Pale skin
- Loss of appetite
- Rapid weight gain
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Fast heartbeat
- Signs of kidney problems
- Unusual tiredness
- Bloody urine
- Easy bleeding
Urilef 100mg tablet’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Urilef 100mg without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of blood disorders, kidney disease, anemia, and liver disease with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Urilef.
- Do take an overdose of Urilef 100mg for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Urilef.
- Avoid driving after taking Urilef 100mg.
- Consult your doctor before using Urilef 100mg tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.