About Vilget M 50/500mg Tablet
Vilget M 50/500mg Tablet is used to treat the symptoms of raising levels of blood sugar levels. It is used along with exercise and a proper diet. Lowering blood sugar prevents the patients from the severity of hyperglycemia, such as kidney problems, diabetes, foot, heart issues, and infection issues.
How effective is Vilget M 50/500mg?
Vilget M 50/500mg Tablet is composed of two oral antidiabetic drugs. One is a Vildagliptin, which belongs to the DPP4 inhibitor class and works by enhancing the function of incretins. Second is Metformin which belongs to the Biguanides class of drugs and works by increasing the peripheral utilization of glucose by muscles and decreasing its production by the liver. It can be used alone or in combination with other drugs.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Vilget M 50/500mg once or twice a day, or as per the patient’s response and clinical situation, or as per the prescription.
For children (below 17), Vilget M 50/500mg is not recommended as its safety and efficacy is not established.
If you have any queries about Vilget M 50/500mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Vilget M 50/500mg?
Some side-effects may be caused by Vilget M 50/500mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Back pain
- Stomach upset
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Joint pain
- Unusual skin blister
- Unusual tiredness
- Mental or mood changes
- Irregular heartbeat
Vilget M 50/500mg tablet’s warnings include;
- Share your medical history especially of electrolyte imbalance, liver disease, certain hormonal conditions, thyroid disease, and kidney disease with your doctor before using this tablet (Vilget M 50/500mg).
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Vilget M 50/500mg.
- Do not consume alcohol with Vilget M 50/500mg.
- Avoid driving after taking Vilget M 50/500mg.
- Do not suck or chew Vilget M 50/500mg tablet and swallow it as a whole.
- Consult your doctor before using Vilget M 50/500mg if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.