About Xeticam 250mg Tablet
Xeticam 250mg Tablet is an effective treatment for seizures in adults and children. It controls some certain types of seizures. Epilepsy can cause this issue in both children and adults.
How effective is Xeticam 250mg?
Xeticam 250mg Tablet contains Levetiracetam. It is an anticonvulsant medicine used for seizures. This medicine is also helpful for the treatment of anxiety in sedative withdrawal. Xeticam 250mg Tablet works by reducing the electric pulses in the brain cells. The increased activity of the cells can cause seizures. Levetiracetam slows down these electric cells to normal. Slowing down these signals results in the stopping of this issue.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (18 and above), the recommended dose of Xeticam 250mg Tablets is 1000mg or 1 gram in divided doses daily.
For children (17 to 12), the recommended dose of Xeticam 250mg is 20mg per day or as recommended by the doctor.
Xeticam 250mg is not recommended for use in children (17 or younger).
If you have any queries about Xeticam 250mg tablet, please contact your doctor or a pharmacist.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Xeticam 250mg?
Every product with an active ingredient has side effects, however they rare.
Some common side effects of Xeticam 250mg tablet:
- Mood changes
- Behavioral changes
- Loss of energy
Xeticam 250mg tablet’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Xeticam 250mg without the doctor’s consent.
- If you have allergy problems, inform your doctor.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor before using Xeticam 250mg.
- Consult your doctor before using Xeticam 250mg if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use Xeticam 250mg if you have a severe issue of decreased platelets.
- Consult your doctor before taking Xeticam 250mg if you have a psychotic disorder.
- If you have suicidal thoughts, use Xeticam 250mg only if the doctor recommends it.
- Xeticam 250mg tablet can increase the issues of depression and hallucinations. So use it with caution in patients with these issues.